Mediterranean style pumpkin soup
English, is a cruciferous vegetable that belongs to the brassica family. It is known for its white, round head, or “curd,” that is made up of tightly packed florets. The curd is usually the only part of the plant that is consumed, although the leaves and stems can also be eaten. Mediterranean style pumpkin soup recipe
Cauliflower has a mild, slightly sweet flavor and a crunchy texture when raw, but becomes soft and tender when cooked. It is a good source of nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and fiber. It also contains antioxidants that may help to reduce inflammation and protect against certain diseases.
Cauliflower is versatile and can be eaten raw or cooked in a variety of dishes. It can be roasted, steamed, grilled, or mashed to make a low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes. It can also be used to make pizza crust, rice, or a creamy soup.
In addition to its culinary uses, cauliflower has been used in traditional medicine for its potential health benefits. Some people believe that it may help to lower blood pressure, improve digestion, and reduce the risk of certain cancers. However, more research is needed to confirm these claims.
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 medium eggplants
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Chop the scooped out eggplant and set aside.
- Place the hollowed-out eggplant halves on a baking sheet and brush them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast them in the oven for 30 minutes, or until they are tender.
- In a large pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped eggplant, tomatoes, paprika, cumin, and salt to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth, then return it to the pot.
- Fill the roasted eggplant halves with the soup and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot. Enjoy!