We have a great recipe for okra lovers, a Recipe for Okra Salad that will be indispensable for your tables with its taste.
The benefits of okra do not end with counting. Okra, which is low-carb and low-calorie, is also rich in vitamins K1 and C. It is also a powerful antioxidant. (If you want to know the benefits of okra in detail, you can review our article entitled ‘7 benefits of okra on health and nutrition’.)
In fact, we should have such a useful vegetable on our tables more and more guests, but the number of recipes on okra, unfortunately, is not so much. Today we wanted to share with you the Okra Salad Recipe, which contains a completely different flavor for both healthy and dieters.
Unlike other recipes, we have flavored the Okra Salad Recipe with walnuts and sesame seeds and used the oven to prepare a healthier and low-calorie recipe.
As such, our Okra Salad Recipe has become a great salad alternative, especially for those who are on a diet and eat healthy. The taste of fresh fresh okra will not be satisfied in the off-season, but you can also prepare this wonderful salad recipe using canned food out of season.
Today we wanted to share with you a different salad recipe Okra Salad. If you are one of those who can’t get enough of okra, you can also watch videos of Sour Okra and Fresh Okra Soup recipes in Tarifini Sevdim.
If you want to make Okra Salad Recipe later, you can save the recipe to your recipe book as a member of Sevdim. Don’t forget to follow our Instagram and Youtube channels to be informed about our current recipes. With love and bon appetit!
Okra salad is a dish made with sliced or diced okra as the main ingredient. Okra is a vegetable with a distinctive, slightly slippery texture and a slightly bitter taste. It is often used in soups, stews, and fried dishes, but it can also be enjoyed raw in a salad.
To make an okra salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- Okra, sliced or diced
- Tomato, diced
- Onion, diced
- Cucumber, diced
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare the salad, mix the diced vegetables together in a bowl. Add the sliced or diced okra and mix well. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make a dressing. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well to combine. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve chilled or at room temperature.
You can also add other ingredients to your okra salad, such as feta cheese, grilled chicken, or boiled eggs. Experiment with different flavors and textures to create your own unique okra salad. Enjoy!
Okra, also known as ladies’ fingers or gumbo, is a nutritious vegetable that is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate, as well as several other important nutrients. Here are some potential benefits of adding okra to your diet:
- May help with digestion: Okra is high in fiber, which can help to promote regular bowel movements and prevent constipation.
- May support heart health: Okra contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help to lower the risk of heart disease.
- May help to regulate blood sugar levels: Some studies have suggested that okra may have a positive impact on blood sugar control, making it a potentially beneficial food for people with diabetes or at risk of developing diabetes.
- May support bone health: Okra is a good source of vitamin K, which is important for bone health. Adequate intake of vitamin K may help to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- May have anti-cancer properties: Some research has suggested that okra may have anti-cancer properties, due to its high levels of antioxidants and other compounds. However, more research is needed to fully understand the potential role of okra in cancer prevention.
It’s important to note that more research is needed to fully understand the potential health benefits of okra. However, adding okra to your diet in the form of a salad or other dish can be a tasty and nutritious way to incorporate this vegetable into your meals.
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
Ingredients for Okra Salad Recipe (with Video)
400 g sultani okra (washed, drained)
3 tablespoons walnut kernels (coarsely ground)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 red cap pepper (julienne chopped)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 tsp nigella
1.5 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the above;
How to Make Okra Salad Recipe (with Video)?
1. First, transfer the flower okra to the strainer.
2. After washing and draining, transfer to a medium-wide bowl.
3. Add the coarsely ground walnut kernels, chopped garlic, julienned red pepper, olive oil, sesame seeds, black cumin, ground black pepper to it.
4. Then mix 1-2 turns.
5. Then transfer to a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 15 minutes.
7. After getting out of the oven, drizzle the pomegranate sour over it.
8. Serve, sprinkling with chopped parsley.