Mediterranean Breeze Eggplant Dish.
Eggplants offer several health benefits, including:
- Low calorie: Eggplants are low in calories, making them a great food choice for weight loss.
- Rich in antioxidants: They are a good source of antioxidants, which help to protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Good for heart health: Eggplants contain fiber, potassium, and magnesium, which are all important for maintaining a healthy heart.
- Improve digestive health: The fiber in eggplants helps to regulate the digestive system and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Anti-inflammatory: Some of the compounds found in eggplants have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
- Brain health: The antioxidants found in eggplants have been shown to improve brain function and may help to protect against age-related cognitive decline.
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
Ingredients for Mediterranean Breeze Eggplant Recipe:
- 3 eggplants (diced and soaked in salted water to remove bitterness)
- 1 onion, chopped 10 olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons vinegar Dry basil (fresh is better)
- 1 cup diced halloumi cheese (I fried the halloumi cheese in a pan, back and forth, but you can add another cheese or leave out from recipe)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour olive oil into a pan.
- Add the eggplants, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté for around 15 minutes until the eggplants are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar. Stir for about half a minute.
- If the dish appears to be dry, add more oil. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the olives, salt (be careful when adding salt if you plan to add cheese, especially halloumi), and basil. Stir.
- After cooking for an additional 2 minutes, add the cheese and serve. Enjoy!