A Mediterranean breakfast example could be a plate of sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, topped with feta cheese and olives, accompanied by a warm pita bread and hummus.
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking time:
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 pita bread
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh parsley or mint, for garnish
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the pita bread on the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until warm and slightly crispy.
- On a plate, arrange the sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese and olives over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread hummus on pita bread, and place it on the plate
- Garnish with fresh parsley or mint, if desired.
- Enjoy your Mediterranean breakfast!
Note: You can also add some boiled eggs, or some spinach leaves or some avocado slices as a variation.